- 42 year old heterosexual man
- The previous evening had sex for the first time with a new partner
- Felt penile discomfort like a “cut” during sex, but erection was maintained and intercourse continued.
- Afterwards noticed a patch of penile bruising which subsequently spread over the whole penis
Penile fracture (tear of tunica albuginea)
- Referred for urgent review at RMH Urology
- Was phoned a week later, and reported that surgery had been debated but decided against. The bruising had resolved, and there was no residual deviation of erection.
A series of cases, outline of pathogenesis and management:
Nice MRI images:
Dated November, 2007